Really Simple Healthy Lunch for the Lazy, but Health-Conscious: Fiber-fulicious Salad, Kale Chips and Spicy Bacon Pasta

My lunch was just too simple and delicious not to share.


Prep time: 20 min  (assuming you like me use left over pasta)

I wanted to eat deliciously and healthy and I feel this lunch satisfies that really well.

Ingridients:
- Kale - pre-washed and pre-cut packages are awesome 
- Berries (your choice) I used blueberries and raspberry
Almonds (unsalted)
- Raspberry vinegrette- Marketside all natural brand is really really good!
- Maple Bacon - I like Black Label
- Pasta and your choice of sauce 
- Olive oil
- Salt
Optional seasonings : curry , oregano and honey (ok that's not really a seasoning, but it is optional)


All I did was wash the berries in a cute little strainer, mix them with almonds and the kale and then add the vinegrette. Then the simplest little addition made a huge difference. Trust me! Sprinkle a tiny amount of honey over it all at the end. Yum.


For the pasta I just made noodles with canned red sauce. To make the sauce a little more flavorful and add a little spice I drop a tsp of red pepper oil (found at Asian grocery stores) and oregano. At the end I added two chopped pieces of maple bacon. I sprinkled oregano on top to make it look fancy. Really it's just for looks, it adds almost nothing to the taste after it's cooked. Well some people may feel it does. I just like my food to be fancy.


For the Kale chips :
Pour about 1 tbsp and no more of olive oil on a large cookie sheet and 1/2 tsp of salt. Then sprinkle it with pre-cut kale  and mix around the kale in the oil and salt with your fingers until it's well coated. Then spread out each piece of kale as individually and separately from the other little pieces as possible. Flatten the kale against the pan the best you can with your palm so it cooks evenly. Last add some sprinkles of curry on top if desired.
Cook at 350 degrees for 10 min or until crispy and not burnt.

Wow wasn't that easy? And so delicious and healthy! 

BONUS Eating Tip: Eat the Pasta first because it tastes better hot and the salad will become more delicious once it has time to soak the vinegrette in. Kale doesn't get soggy like other greens so you don't have to worry about waiting too long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BTV Media Player Scam?

How to Eat Healthy For Noobs: Tips If You Never Tried a Healthy DietBefore and Don't Know Where to Start

The Matrix, Simulacra and Comedy?